Kultur og fritid
Job og karriere
Politik og demokrati
Om kommunen
The Liimfiord Bridge
Forside Brødkrumme seperatorEnglish version Brødkrumme seperatorMoving to Aalborg

Moving to Aalborg

Citizen Service guides you through the service system and offers you information on a wide range of services.

Citizen Service offer walk-in service at our center in Aalborg. Whenever you need help on how to retrieve forms, tax rates and deduction card, how to register at the day care centre or how to change your address, how to apply for housing subsidy or health insurance - please do not hesitate to ask.

Below is a list of the services we provide. If Citizen Service cannot help, we will direct you to the next offive which can.

Citizen Service only accept Dankort payment card. The Dankort payment card is the national payment card; you can order the card at your local bank.


When you register as a resident in Denmark you will recieve a CPR number, which is your personal identification number. The CPR number is used i relation to registration and personal identification, e.g. in relation to salary payment, housing purchases, bank transactions, insurance policies and many other situations.

How to register

There are a number of conditions for your registration, you are only allowed to get a CPR number if:

  • You stay at least 3 months
  • You have a residence permit (Nordic citizens excepted)
  • You have a place to live

You must fill in and sign an application form with information about your full name, date of birth, citizwnship, marital status etc.

Remember to bring

  • Valid registration certificate or residence permit
  • Passport/ID card with picture
  • Nordic CPR number if entry from a Nordic country
  • Marriage certificate, if you are married
  • Children´s birth certificates, if you have children 

Remember to deregister

If you are moving abroad, you have to contact Citizen Service, Rantzausgade 6, 9000 Aalborg and notify your change of adress.

Citizen Service offers

  • Change of address
  • Apply for protection of address
  • Drivers license
  • Passport (only Danish citizens)

Medical insurance

  • New national health insurance card
  • Temporary national health insurance card – e.g. when travelling abroad
  • Change doctor


Handle a series of tasks in relation to your tax registration.


International Citizen Service
New to Denmark
Danish Agency for Labour Retention and International Recruitment

Senest opdateret den 3. oktober 2013



Citizen Service
Rantzausgade 6
9000 Aalborg
Tlf. +45 9931 3131
Vis kort Find vej

Monday - Wednesday